Monday, January 19, 2009

Heiroglyphics. A New Era. 1.20.09



Everyone that is really into buying cd's and dvd's knows they drop on Tuesdays. It's Monday night and tomorrow is the release date of HEIROGLYPHICS new full length "A New Era". It's a reacourring theme in most of the shit I write. The connection between Hip Hop, Punk, Metal...just all real music and Skateboarding. I first heard Del from a kid in my class in High School. Then through a skate video, namely 411 (it felt like they were in every video for like a year) I heard Soul's of Mischief. For many 93' Till Infinity was the hip hop skate soundtrack that year. You heard those songs in your head when you skated. The summer of 2003 I was living out in California, playing music and working at a Virgin Megastore. I picked this up from work when it came in. I got a lot of good Hip Hop there that summer...back to the point. I picked Heirolyphics new record Full Circle up while working there and it and is one of the best Hip Hop albums of the decade album, front to back. Heiroglyphics is Del, Souls of Mischief crew (Phesto, Tajai, Opio and A-Plus. Heiro is all the above as well as Casual, Domino and Pep Love (pick up Pep Love. Acension).
I've been waiting for a new record to take my head off like Full Circle did in 2003. So it goes without saying.

1.20.09. HEIROGLYPHICS "A NEW ERA"

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for this... I did a pretty cool interview with Del last year. If you wanna check it out I'll send it to you for a looksee :) B xo

    ReplyDelete