Friday, January 16, 2009

NATAS KAUPUS. The Video Bio.

NATAS KAUPUS was easily one of the most recognizable pro's of the mid to late 80's. For me coming up as a young rat there were 2 guys that always blew my mind...Mark Gonzales and Natas. Then of course being from Jersey came Mike Vallely but that is another story.
This is about Natas Kaupus, so let me focus!
One of the most innovative and creative skaters of all time. Modern skateboarding owes so much to Natas and his ability to bring tricks that were originally created to be done on transitions and bringing it to the raw streets.
Also creating a whole bag of tricks that were never done before. Wallrides! Handrails! This is the man we owe it to!
Also Natas has been involved heavily in the industry. Creating companies, creating shoes...most likely this guy has influenced you on some level.
Peace.








2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natas!! Awww, I gotta send you a pic I have with him from when he toured here with Element.. me and my bro's store had an instore.. we used to stock Vita's too! B x

    ReplyDelete